Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
PRODUCT + MERCHANDISE
1. What kind of stones do you use in your jewelry?
The clear diamond-looking type of stones used are called Cubic Zirconia, a synthetic rock that is artificially manufactured, and then processed in the same way as natural diamonds. Thus, the end result is a beautiful stone that looks highly similar to diamonds, without the exorbitant cost.
2. Are your jewelry safe for people with sensitive skin and/or ears?
For sensitive skin, we encourage customers to select either Sterling Silver or Stainless Steel metal to avoid allergic reactions. For other metals such as alloys and brass, there may be a potential for allergies.
3. Do fashion accessories tarnish easily over time?
You will be surprised that with proper handling, usage and storage, your jewelry piece can surpass the level of satisfaction and have a lengthy lifespan. For more information on how to maintain accessories in tiptop condition, kindly visit this LINK.
4. Is it possible to match your accessories with my fine jewelry collection pieces?
Absolutely! We manufacture quality accessories with refined workmanship and outstanding faux diamonds, that make them look pretty close to fine jewelry. Very few people can tell them apart, unless they have a diamond tester with them.
ORDERING + PAYMENT
1. What currency are the prices in?
All prices on our website are quoted in US dollars.
2. Why are prices quoted in US dollars if your company is based in Singapore?
This is because our site serves a global market, for which the most common denominated currency would be the US dollar.
3. What are your business operating hours for the Bauble + Scotch online store?
One of the advantages of having an online store is that it never has a closing time. Customers have the benefit of shopping all day round, and taking as much time as they need. However, our office operating hours are from 11am to 11pm Monday to Sunday, excluding Public Holidays.
4. Can I make cash payment on delivery?
At this time, we do regret to inform you that we do not have this payment option yet. In order for merchandise to be processed, packed and shipped, item payment needs to first be fulfilled via Credit Card, Bank Transfer or Paypal.
5. I saw an item that I really wanted, but wasn't fast enough in placing my order, and now the item has disappeared from the site. Am I able to place a backorder?
At Bauble + Scotch, we strive to keep our designs fresh and new and unique as possible. As such, we try to avoid constant repeating of designs. However, there may be times where certain designs may be brought back due to popular demand.
6. Is there any difference in purchasing your merchandise directly from the site and purchasing it via online retailers and sales sites?
We strive to keep our retail selling prices controlled and the same across all our retail partners. However, the biggest difference would be the promotions being offered. For example, we have a Friends with Benefits promotion which offers a 5% discount for all regular and sales merchandise just by signing up for our mailing list. This 5% discount can only be used on our site, and does not apply to other online stores. Having said that, each store is unique and different, and would have their own attractive promotions for their special customers.
7. How do I cancel an order that I recently made? Is there a lead time for cancellations?
As we process every order swiftly and have them shipped out in the shortest time possible, we seek your kind understanding that each order placed is not available for cancellation.
8. Will I be notified once my order placed has been processed?
Once your order has been placed, you will receive an email invoice. The only other notification you will receive is once your package has shipped, and we provide the tracking number to you.
9. What happens if I have a payment method or credit card that doesn't appear on your website? Does this mean that the payment is not accepted?
Yes that is correct. We can only accept payments as listed on our website. For your kind consideration, you can opt for Paypal as they do accept major credit cards.
1. How long do you take to ship out orders?
We strive to have all orders shipped out as soon as they are processed, up to a maximum of 24hours.
2. Do you do same day shipping?
Yes, but this very much depends on the volume of orders coming in as well. Generally, orders placed before 5.30pm (Singapore Time), will be shipped out on the same day. Orders placed after 5.30pm, will be shipped the next day.
3. What happens if I provided the wrong address?
On our parcels, we have a label with a return address in the event of wrong delivery. Once the item is returned to our office, we will contact you for the accurate delivery address and for payment of re-delivery. In the event the parcel does not get returned to us, you would need to contact the courier service chosen, and open up a case file.
4. Where do your merchandise ship from?
All our merchandise are stocked and warehoused in Singapore, and thus they ship from Singapore.
RETURNS + EXCHANGE
1. Are sales items eligible for a return?
Yes, sales and promotion items purchased are eligible for a 30-day return policy, as long as they meet our requirements for a return.
2. Are refunds made by cash or store credits?
Refunds are done by reversing payment via the mode which you made payment. For example, if you paid via credit card, we will proceed to refund the charge made. Any 3rd party service provider fees will have to be borne by the customer in the process of refund.
3. What do I do if I do not like the item that I have exchanged for? Or if the newly exchanged item has defects too?
We encourage customers to take their time in carefully selecting a design that they feel comfortable with and truly expresses who they are, as each purchase is entitled to only one exchange.
Should your newly exchanged item come with a defect, we will be more than happy to replace you with a brand new piece, or provide you with an exchange for another item.
4. I purchased an item as a gift, and the person did not like it. Can I get a return or exchange on it?
Absolutely you can! Kindly ensure that the merchandise you would like to return or exchange for, is in the required condition so that your request can be processed smoothly.
5. Do you do meetups for exchange and returns?
Unfortunately at this time, this is not yet a viable solution that we can offer customers. However, as we grow and progress, this may be an excellent alternative for customers wanting to do an exchange or return.
6. Why are merchandise without the product label rejected from an exchange or return?
At Bauble and Scotch, we strive to maintain the highest level of product excellence for all our customers. As such, a product with its label removed, is deemed to have been used by a customer. Once the label has been removed, we automatically classify it as a used item, which we would not re-sell it to someone else. This way, all our customers have the assurance that the products they purchase from us are brand new, and are in great condition.
For more information on our terms and conditions for Returns and Exchanges, kindly click on this LINK.
1. Do you ship internationally?
Yes we do.
2. Where can we find out more information on international shipping?
Kindly click on this link SHIPPING INFORMATION to find your region or country in the shipping list. If you are unable to find your country listed in our page, we do apologize that it may be possible that we are not shipping to those countries at the moment.
3. Can international customers make purchases from anywhere in the world?
Yes, you absolutely can make a successful purchase from any part of the world if you have a major credit or debit card, or paypal account through which you can make payment. To find out more about our payment gateways and methods, kindly visit this link PAYMENT INFO.
To find out more information for International customers, kindly click on this link INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS.
If you are still unable to find what you may be looking for, please feel free to reach out to us via the following methods
1. Email us at email@example.com
2. Use the Contact Us page on our website
3. Use the Live Chat method, which can be found on the bottom right hand corner of our website. (The chat may not be live 24hours, but you can still leave us an offline message which we will respond to as soon as possible)